Monday, March 12, 2012

My New Years Resolution : 2012

I know it's a little late into the year to talk about my New Years resolution... but I wanted to share it in more detail.

Most people's resolution is to lose weight, quit a bad habit, pick up a new hobby, etc. My resolution is broader than that... this year I am going to try and be a "better person".

But how do I do that? How do I measure "better"? Well I started off with a few ideas. I divided these ideas into a few categories:

Health
- Maintain my recent weight lose / exercise.
- Eat healthier.

Work
- Work towards getting a 100% bonus for 2012.
- Resolve large issues (backups, wireless, and printers).
- Try and be more positive.
- Attend a charity event.

Personal
- Start a blog.
- Start a website.
- Try and be more positive.

So far I have been chipping away at my list at a good pace. Bobbi and I purchased bikes to ride, she's been cooking healthy food, I've been working on projects at work, Bobbi and I volunteered at a homeless shelter, we attended a company happy hour, I've started this blog along with another blog about gaming, and I have recently resurrected FunnyRico.com.

I know it's hard to determine what "better" is... all I know is that I am not as "good" of a person as I can be... and I want to see how much better I can be.

When my wife and I got married I told everyone that we balanced each other when it came to charity... she taught me to give more... I taught her to give less. I see this year as a year I am trying to be more like my wonderful wife and give more. It's hard.

2 comments:

  1. You should add "try to be more conservative" to the list. That would make you a better person.....well at least i think so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But on a serious note I think it's awsome that your making these changes. It's not easy to change ways of thinking or ingrained habits, so great job man.

    ReplyDelete