Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Diet : What is working for me.

**Please Note : I am not a dietician or a doctor. What I am writing about is just my experiences and my opinions.**

Ten weeks ago I started a diet; and since then I have I lost 25 pounds. What I would like to do is share not only the program I am on but also the idea behind it so you can create your own program that will work. Think of it as someone who purchased P90X and instead of asking you to purchase your own copy, they relayed the exercises so you can get the same results.

The program I am on is called NutriSystem. Now I am sure all of you have seen the ads along with others such as Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. NutriSystem provides you with a Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert . Men also get an extra dessert to use as a snack. The overall idea is eat their food and obey their rules and you shall lose your weight. Simple enough.

So what do they put in their food? Laxatives? Magic dust imported from El Salvador that fights calories?

No magic or gimmicks... it's just low calories, portion control, and keeping your metabolism going. In the posts that will follow this one, I will break down their key focuses and you may find out how it can work for you.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. wow that's amazing! what does the food taste like? and is there an option for people who don't like desserts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shocked me as well, but the food tastes good. Now that doesn't mean if I was at a restaurant I would order NutriSystem over something else... it just means you won't mind eating their food. Another thing that you will start to notice is that even though the entrees may be different, they may end up having very similar tastes. To be honest, I'm just glad this stuff isn't hard to eat.

      "Desserts" is kind of misleading because not all of their desserts are sweets. You select your lunches, dinners, desserts, etc on their website so you can avoid having something you don't normally eat. For example, if you were a big chocolate fan... you can order more brownies, chocolate cakes, and chocolate chip cookies. If you weren't a fan of sweets, you could order their pretzels, chips, and trail mixes.

      Bobbi and I don't like having bars for lunches or dinners, so we excluded them from our orders.

      Unfortunately you are not able to exclude meals from their plan. Meaning, if you just wanted to eat their breakfasts and lunches but cook your own dinners... you would still need to purchase their dinners and snacks too :(

      Delete